When I started out writing copy all those years ago, I read lots and lots of books on copy.
My advice to anyone who wants to be a GREAT copywriter is to do the same.
If your goal is to write copy that sells, study the masters. Soak up their advice. Follow those who’ve walked the journey before you.
But if you want to become a WORLD-CLASS copywriter, you must (and I mean MUST), learn how to sell.
I’ve studied all the greats in the sales arena.
One of the guys I absolutely love was Zig Ziglar.
Sadly Zig passed away a couple years ago. But his legacy lives on.
Zig said there were five basic obstacles to every sale:
- No desire
- No trust
- No need
- No hurry
- And…no money
Obstacle number 5 – no money – and how to get around this obstacle, is what producer Blake and me talk about on this week’s episode of ‘The Pete Godfrey Persuasion Show’.
Press the play button above and discover:
- Are you trying to sell a BMW to a bum (and why this NEVER works)
- Why 99% of the time ‘no money’ is a bulls&%t excuse
- My advice for smashing through the ‘no money’ obstacle
- If folks aren’t buying, here’s what your missing…(6:00 mins)
- What George and Marge can tech you about making waaaayyyy more sales…
- How to sell a $5,000 product 500,000 times
- The art of ‘inducing the desire to own’
- Do you know what you’re really selling?
- And a whole bunch more…tune in now